Hays Consolidated Independent School District
Located in North Central Hays County, the Hays Consolidated Independent School District reaches more than 221 square miles. The district’s 22 campuses are located throughout northern Hays County, serving more than 17,200 students. Hays CISD is a proud partner with all of the communities it serves, providing extraordinary educational services and opportunities for students. Hays CISD graduates are ready for success!
Two 4-year high schools, five middle schools (6-8 grade), 13 elementary schools, an alternative high school of choice and disciplinary center comprise the district’s campuses, which have tripled in number since 2000. The district also features a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center.
The district offers dynamic, rigorous instruction with a commitment to serve the unique needs of every child. Its modern, energy-efficient schools are ideal learning environments, staffed with highly-qualified, caring teachers and staff. Students are offered many specialized career programs and have access to an elementary magnet school program for science, engineering, technology, and mathematics. Both comprehensive high schools have Project Lead the Way designation and music, art, library, and PE are included in the weekly rotation at every elementary school. In the rapidly evolving world of educational opportunity Hays CISD is committed to partnering with families in designing the best program for each child.
One of the points of pride for Hays CISD is the quality of its extracurricular programs. The district recognizes the value of student participation in extracurricular activities and features award-winning band, choir, visual and theatre arts, and athletic programs. The expectation is for students to stretch their minds and expand their abilities as they fulfill their graduation goals.
Public Schools - Hays CISD
District Office 512.268.2141
17,337 Enrollment 2013-2014
(Source: Hays CISD)
Colleges & Universities
Austin Community College (ACC) Hays Campus (FM 1626 & Kohlers Crossing in Plum Creek) is the first college campus to be built in Hays County. It is part of the Austin Community College District serving Hays County and neighboring communitites. The campus opened its doors to 1,000 students for the spring 2014 semester.
ACC Hays offers a broad selection of classes for university transfer and career training:
- Core curriculum classes needed to earn a college degree
- Workforce programs in emerging industries and high-demand careers
- Developemtal education to achieve college readiness
In addition, ACC Hays students receive a full range of support and services at the campus to guide their college career from admissions to completion.
Surrounding Colleges & Universities
- Austin Community College Hays Campus (FM 1626 & Kohlers Crossing)
- Texas State University (10 miles, San Marcos)
- University of Texas at Austin (23 miles, Austin)
- Austin Community College (27 miles, several campuses throughout Austin)
- Houston-Tillotson University (23 miles, Austin)
- St. Edwards University (20 miles, Austin)
- University of Texas at San Antonio (55 miles, San Antonio)
- University of the Incanate Word (53 miles, San Antonio)
- San Antonio College (57 miles, San Antonio)
- Trinity University (57 miles, San Antonio)